This in from Tom Savage…
Bright Green Talent is looking for an outstanding leader to join and drive the dynamic, ambitious Bright Green team. A unique, entrepreneurial activity to join a proven business model at its early stages.
Bright Green is a ‘practice-what-we-preach’ sustainability recruitment company that places excellent, bright people into inspiring green opportunities.
We’re looking for an outstanding entrepreneurial leader to help build on and further consolidate Bright Green’s success after a year of operation.
Working on a variety of tasks within business development, operations and management, you will perform a critical role in fulfilling our vision to be the most successful recruitment in our sector.
– Using your flair and expertise to coordinate strategy and business development, you will monitor and manage our resources to ensure we continue to thrive (and enjoy ourselves as we do so!).
– You will drive and win new business for the company, by pitching to clients and spreading the Bright Green name far and wide.
– Performing a variety of management functions such as finances, accounting, marketing etc to optimise our team effectiveness.
– Using your charisma and outstanding people skills, you will interview and assess the top leaders in the environmental sector, developing a name for yourself and Bright Green as experts in the field.
We’re based in a fantastic office in Pink Floyd’s old recording studios 7 minutes from Angel tube, North London. In addition a rock heritage, you can expect perks such as a blackberry, laptop, generous holidays and a regular supply of smoothies! Salary package is negotiable, but is likely to include a substantial performance related bonus and a stake in the business.
– Are the person who always has your head above the crowd. You have a history of excellence in everything you do, with at least 5 years experience of success within an outstanding organisation.
– Have exemplary organisational skills and a keen eye for detail, coupled with an ability to make excellent decisions quickly and efficiently.
– Are a natural, charismatic leader and an outstanding manager, motivator. You love working with people.
– Are passionate about the environment and embody the values and culture of Bright Green.
– Are capable of selling in a passionate, professional fashion.
– Are focused, patient and methodical. ‘Reliability’ might well be your middle name!
– Aren’t afraid to be tough and are friendly, fair and firm.
– Have an excellent ability to judge characters and can use this in helping to expand and help lead the Bright Green team.
– Above all, have a demonstrable ability to get things done!
The Bright Green ethos
We were founded in 2007 by award-winning social entrepreneur Tom Savage and veteran recruiter, former Oxford Associate Fellow, executive coach and author; Paul Hannam. Bright Green UK is now a 5-person team and a US office opened in San Francisco at the start of 2008.
Our approach is grounded in the belief that we have some of the science and technology to solve the world’s ‘Big Problems’, but we don’t always have the right people in the right places to leverage and maximize that change. Bright Green believes in the power of people.We hope to set ourselves aside from the rest of the recruitment industry by doing things a little differently. We’re an ambitious, hard working team, who are committed to having a positive impact in the world through placing people in inspiring jobs to make a difference. Coupled with a stimulating and innovative environment, top performers in this job role can expect outstanding financial rewards as the organisation grows.
Our values/ operating principals are;
Be Passionate Professionals: We combine passion and professionalism in our work.
Constantly Grow: We continually learn, both individually and as an organisation.
Use Our Internal Compasses: We act rather than react, using our beliefs and considered judgment to guide us as we work.
Be Courageous: We recognise that the easy choice is not always the right choice.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please email Tom Savage (email@example.com) your details with the following job reference included in the subject: Bright Green UK Director.